Across the US, millions of vehicles have been recalled for stalling engines, fire hazards, and faulty airbags, and hundreds of Treasure Coast residents could be affected.
It’s fall on the Treasure Coast, which means beautiful weather, football weekends, and the beginning of the busy holiday season. But this year, fall also means major recalls—in the last three months, more than 5 million vehicles have been recalled for serious defects, including stalling engines, potential fire hazards, and faulty airbags. In addition, over 3 million child car seats are under recall for manufacturing flaws that can cause infant strangulation or asphyxiation.
Here, we share the latest vehicle safety recalls from the NHTSA, provide information on how to get your vehicle or car seat fixed free of charge if it is under recall, and explain what to do if you have been injured in a car accident on the Treasure Coast that involves a recalled vehicle.
5 biggest auto recalls on the Treasure Coast
Below is a list of the 5 biggest auto recalls affecting vehicles on the Treasure Coast and in Okeechobee. Even if you do not see your vehicle listed here, we strongly encourage you to check the NHSTA official recall website to look up your specific make and model.
- 2001-2009 Volvo S80 and S60 – Volvo is recalling vehicles due to defetive airbags that can release sharp fragments in the event of an accident, potentially resulting in serious injury or death. Learn more about the (Volvo recall).
- 2021 GM Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon and Denali – Thousands of GM vehicless are under recall for software-related issues that can cause power control and the fuel pump to fail, resulting in stalling engines. Learn more about the (2021 GM Recall).
- 2013-2015 Hyundai Santa Fe and 2017 Tucson and Sonata – Hyundai is recalling vehicles for electrical shorts and stalling engines that increase the risk of an accident or causing a fire. Learn more about the (Hyundai Recall).
- 2011-2013, 2020-2021 Ford Explorer, Lincoln Corsair, and Lincoln Aviator – Over 350,000 vehicles have been recalled for two separate reasons: faulty rearview cameras where images are not displaying correctly and faulty rear suspension joints that can fracture. Learn more about the (Ford recall).
- Cooper Tires – Cooper has recently announced a massive recall of its tires for defects in the sidewall that can lead to the tires literally splitting apart. Check to see if your tires are affected Learn more about the (2001-2009 Volvo S80 and S60 recall).
Is your child car seat under recall?
Over 3 million child car seats have been recalled in the past three months and hundreds of Treasure Coast residents could be affected. If you have a child who still uses a car seat, or know a family member or friend who does, please verify that your car seat is safe to use.
- The Boppy Recall – Over 3 million Boppy products, including Boppy Car Seats and Boppy Newborn Loungers, are being recalled because of concerns that infants can strangle themselves in the straps or become positionally asphyxiated due to design flaws. Learn more about the (Bobby Recall).
- 2016-2019 Combi BabyRide Infant Car Seats – Combi is recalling certain Combi BabyRide Infant Car Seats, model 378099, due to issues with the shoulder harness that may fail in the event of a car crash. Learn more about the (Combi Car Seat Recall).
How to check to see if your vehicle is under recall?
- Check for recalls using your vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Get the fix by calling your local dealer; it will be repaired for free.
- Sign up for Recall Alerts about any future recall affecting your vehicle.
What to do if you’ve been seriously injured in a car accident in Port St. Lucie, Fort Pierce, Vero Beach, or Okeechobee
Call Hoskins, Turco, Lloyd & Lloyd right now at 866-930-6435
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident in Port St. Lucie, Fort Pierce, Vero Beach or Okeechobee, the best thing you can do is contact an experienced Treasure Coast car accident attorney immediately.
At Hoskins, Turco, Lloyd & Lloyd, we have helped thousands of people who have been seriously injured in car accidents in Port St. Lucie, Fort Pierce, Vero Beach and Okeechobee get the compensation they need and deserve. If the accident is not your fault, you should not have to pay for the financial repercussions. We will fight on your behalf to get you a fair settlement that will help you get through this difficult time.
Call us at 866-930-6435 to learn more about how we can help you and your family. We offer FREE, no-obligation consultations to everyone. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will meet with you to talk to you about your legal options and answer any questions you may have.
Don’t wait. Call 866-930-6435 now. We’re available 24/7.