Auto Accident Settlement
There is a doubt that the visual aspect of a checklist reinforces things you may tend to forget — especially in an emergency situation where there are confusion and uncertainty! Once you have located a resource page that makes sense to you, it’s always useful to download it to your device or print a copy for yourself. With this in mind, we have included both options at the end of this page.
What to Do After a Car Accident
- Check for injuries if you are able; both for yourself and passengers.
- Call 9-1-1 to establish your location and medical or fire urgency.
- Remain on the line with the operator if you can, until help arrives.
- Stay ‘in place’ if you have injuries or the impact was significant.
- Turn on the emergency blinkers; sound the horn if traffic gets close.
- If the accident is minor, pull over out of traffic as best you can.
- Always get a medical assessment (on-scene or during the same day).
- Never assume and make statements that you haven’t been injured.
- Stick to the facts, do not discuss responsibility with anyone.
- All drivers must show a valid drivers’ license, and proof of insurance.
- Obtain the investigating officer’s card with the case # notated.
- Call the insurance carrier to report the incident within policy deadlines.
- Contact a local personal injury attorney for a free case evaluation.
When it comes to a real-life situation, a free conversation with a personal injury lawyer is always a good move. Speaking with an established local accident attorney may very well determine whether or not you recover what you deserve.
What to Do After a Car Accident Checklist
Keep a hard copy of our checklist in your glove box, just in case your phone is lost or unusable after a traffic crash!
Verdicts and Settlements
Wrongful Death Settlement
Settlement for motorcycle accident
Ft. Pierce, FL 34950
Suite 203, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986
Okeechobee, FL 34974
Vero Beach, FL 32960
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.
We are a debt relief agency and attorneys. We help people file for Bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free information about our qualifications and experience.