Auto Accident Settlement
Do you have a physical disability and want to apply for Social Security Disability benefits?
If you are unable to perform your job due to illness or injury, you may be eligible for Social Security Disability benefits. In order to determine if you are disabled, the Social Security Administration (SSA) has a 5 step process to evaluate your eligibility:
- Are you working? If you are not working or your income is below a certain level, you will proceed to step 2.
- Is your medical condition “severe”? If your condition does not interfere with your ability to perform basic work related activities, then you will not be considered disabled. Otherwise you will proceed to step 3.
- Is your condition in the SSA list of disabling conditions? The SSA maintains a list of medical conditions that are so severe they automatically mean that you are disabled. If your condition is not on the list, the SSA must determine if it is of equal severity to a medical condition that is on the list. If it is, you may be considered disabled. If it is not, you will proceed to step 4.
- Can you perform the work you did previously?If your medical condition prevents you from performing the same work that you have previously done, then you will proceed to step 5.
- Can you do any other type of work? If you cannot perform the work you did previously, then the SSA will consider your medical condition, education, age, and skills to determine if you can perform any other type of work. If they determine that you are unable to adjust to other types of work, then you may be eligible for disability benefits.
Our social security disability attorneys can help you through the entire process. We make certain your paperwork is correct and filed on time. We evaluate your medical records to determine how they will affect your claim, and ensure that your doctor provides the correct forms required by the SSA. We will also document and demonstrate how your medical conditions affect your ability to work. The experience and wisdom we have gained from hundreds of successful cases will help you navigate the maze of the social security disability claims process, and receive the benefits you are entitled to.
If you have been denied disability benefits, or believe you are eligible to receive benefits, call us today to set up a FREE consultation with a Social Security Disability Attorney in Port St. Lucie, Vero Beach, Fort Pierce, or Okeechobee. Visit our contact page or call Hoskins, Turco, Lloyd & Lloyd toll-free at 866-460-1990.
Verdicts and Settlements
Wrongful Death Settlement
Settlement for motorcycle accident
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.
We are a debt relief agency and attorneys. We help people file for Bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free information about our qualifications and experience.Site Map