Auto Accident Settlement
You have been involved in a vehicle collision and suffered bodily harm. The cause of the crash may appear obvious — though in most incidents the evidence is never ‘cut and dried.’ Assumptions and discussions of blame at the scene should be consciously avoided; there is a time and place for the evidence to be weighed and disputed.
What to Do After a Car Accident: Personal Injury
- Call 9-1-1 immediately (if you are able) or shout out for someone else to do this for you. If possible, remain on the call and continue informing the operator until help arrives.
- Stay in place and turn on your emergency blinkers and headlights. Honk the horn to ward off approaching drivers who exhibit inattentive behavior.
- Roll one of your windows down so you can be heard by others nearby.
- If you are in the middle of traffic, enlist help for blocking the area around the collision until responders arrive.
- Try to keep your position in the vehicle while waiting for emergency responders; this may prevent additional medical complications.
It is always a wise decision to make certain your rights are protected by having a legal advocate in your corner. Recovering an award beyond Florida’s required (PIP) personal injury protection limit of $10k depends on real evidence; discernable facts, along with proof of all relevant expense records.
What to Do After a Car Accident: No Injury
First of all, recognize that many injuries are not always immediately apparent; such as brain contusions, slipped discs, sprains, and fractures (to name a few). You should always get a medical opinion, whether it is an assessment from an emergency responder or the physician of choice you check in with after leaving on your own accord.
Next, what happens if the other driver claims bodily harm a few weeks later after they realize there may be liability coverage in the mix? If they so inform the insurance companies your carrier will very likely boost your premiums — even if there is no medical record and the police report indicated no injuries. This can also cause an ‘accident with injury’ to show up on your record for up to two years.
When it comes to a real-life situation, a free conversation with a personal injury lawyer is always a good move. Speaking with an established local accident attorney may very well determine whether or not you recover what you deserve.
Verdicts and Settlements
Wrongful Death Settlement
Settlement for motorcycle accident
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.
We are a debt relief agency and attorneys. We help people file for Bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free information about our qualifications and experience.